Office Hours of Operations
Monday – Friday: 0730 – 1600 Eastern Standard Time
Lunch: 1130 – 1300 Eastern Standard Time
Phones Open for Customer Service: M – F, 1300 – 1600 Eastern Standard Time
Closed on weekends and Federal/Training Holidays
U.S. Army Student Detachment (USASD) is now In-Processing Students through our SharePoint Portal. All Students are required to use a CAC Card accessible computer and the use of their Army 365 email for authentication to gain access to SharePoint. SharePoint and USASD Staff communications will be directed to your Army 365 email account upon submission of your documents. No exceptions will be made to communicate through any other non-Enterprise email accounts.
SharePoint Link: https://intranet.tradoc.army.mil/sites/usasd/SitePages/USASD%20HOME.aspx
Do not create a SharePoint file or submit your documents early without approval. You may submit NET 10 days before your report date. Early reporting requires approval from USASD Commander. Early enters will be deleted and not processed.
Soldiers will report by submitting their Human Resource (HR) and Finance (FI) documents as listed on the In-Processing Checklist to Student Detachment SharePoint Portal.
Download the In-Processing Checklist and gather all listed documents and prepare them for processing by the U. S. Army Student Detachment Staff.
Human Resource In-Processing Slides
Do not submit photographs of your documents. We cannot process photograph documents. Submit documents only in PDF format to prevent delays in receiving your entitlements.
All No Cost Move Active Duty Students, National Guard and Reservist Students require a DA Form 31 with a control number and DA Form 5960 with supporting document to In-process. The DA Form 5960 is required for recertification of your BHA rate. The PCS DA 31 is required for the change in assignment and duty status.
PCS Orders Ensure Permanent Change of Station (PCS) Orders are accurate and include below mandatory information:
1. Complete legal name (Last, First, MI)
2. Complete Social Security Number (SSN)
3. Name/Location of assignment to include UIC
4. Start/End date of Program or Training
5. Physical duty address of assignment location to include City, State, Zip Code
Example of a correct Assigned To line for PCS Orders:
Assigned To: USA STU DET FJSC OFF (W30U1A) FT JACKSON, SC 29207 WITH DUTY AT NAVAL POSTGRADUATE SCHOOL (NPS), MONTEREY, CA 93043
It is the Service Member’s responsibility to ensure PCS orders are accurate; Student Detachment does not have authority to change, amend, correct, or modify PCS orders published by another Military Personnel Division
Ensure your PCS Leave DA Form 31 is sign (Block 14 a, b and c must be complete and signed by the losing unit)
Attaching Documents to SharePoint
Attach document one at a time. Do not scan document is a group or attach zip file. Name documents as follows:
Students should arrive to USASD with the following action listed complete due to the Student to Staff ratio:
1. Soldier Record Briefs (ORB/ERBs eMILPO version) is fully updated showing accurate assignment history. Highly recommend a most current DA Photo.
2. iPERMS/OMPF contain financial key supporting documents to certify PRR and FRR (marriage license, birth certificates (children only), divorce decree(s) with any court documents granting dependency, previous DA Form 5960 BAH re-certifications, oath of office, enlistment/re-enlistment contracts (to include commissioned documents), all previous PCS orders, all promotion orders (DA4187 for advancement to E-4 and below) etc. and other personnel key supporting documents for boards (DA Form 638 and Award Certificate) Good Conduct Medals, Foreign Language Pay orders, etc.)
3. DA Form 31 PCS Leave Form shows you are signed-out on leave in Blocks 14a-c.
4. Obtain CAC equipment and updated software to maintain CAC access at all times on personal home computers.
Students should adhere to the following to ensure success during In-Processing:
1. Students are authorized to Sign-in from PCS Leave and into USASD no earlier than 10 days prior to the official report date unless otherwise stated on the PCS orders as approved by USASD Commander in coordination with the HRC Programs Manager and Branch Managers in advance.
2. In-Processing packets must be received completed via USASD SharePoint NLT than 5 working days after your official report date to USASD. SharePoint is USASDs new database and method of tracking/managing workflow for completion. Failure to comply will result in duty status change of AWOL and an Adverse Action FLAG imposed.
3. Supporting documents will ONLY be accepted in a PDF file format.
4. Students are responsible for submittal of their own documents. No representative is authorized to In-Process or submit documents on the behalf of Students.
5. ONLY Army 365 email accounts are acceptable forms of communication for securing PII.
6. In order to access the USASD SharePoint/Army 365 emails, you must have a CAC reader. Students without CAC access must visit the local/nearest Recruiting Station, MEPS, or Reserve/National Guard Unit to request to use the DoD network to comply with the In-Processing requirements and procedures.